Calibrating your pH Probe
|For instruments that require it, such as pH, a simple one-touch calibration procedure has been developed to allow you to quickly calibrate your instrument. If you forget to calibrate an instrument DataWorks will also let you know the calibration is out-of-date ensuring your data is always accurate.
1. Open the menu bar for the instrument by taping on the instrument on the main page.
2. Tap calibrate in the menu bar.
3. You are taken to the calibration page, to start calibration tap Start and follow the instructions on the page.
With one-touch calibration you don't have to touch the device until calibration is complete, simply just follow the instructions on your device.
To stop the calibration at any point, tap Stop.
When calibrating you can tap the flashing pH button to calibrate, instead of waiting for it to detect and stabilise.
Calibrating your pH Probe
1. Plug the pH probe into the BlueBox-pH.
2. Connect the probe to DataWorks (see Getting Started), and ensure that it is reading.
3. Remove the wetting cap from the pH sensor
4. Rinse the pH sensor in distilled water and blot them dry
5. Ensure that you are using buffers which have been selected for automatic buffer recognition
6. On you smart phone, touch the connected instrument you wish to calibrate, then touch calibrate on the drop down menubar that appears
7. To begin calibration press start in the calibration page.
8. Place electrode into a small sample of pH 7.00 so that the bulb and reference junction are both covered
9. When the solution is detected the pH 7.00 button will begin to flash
10. Once stabilised the pH 7.00 button becomes solid in colour the calibration of pH 7.00 is complete
11. Rise your electrode in distilled water and blot it dry
12. Place electrode into a small sample of either pH 4.01 or pH 10.00 buffer, so that the bulb and junction are both covered
13. When the solution is detected the pH 4.01 or pH 10.00 button will begin to flash
14. Once stabilised the pH 4.01 or pH 10.00 button becomes solid in colour and the calibration of pH 4.01 or pH 10.00 is complete
15. The BlueBox-pH is calibrated for pH and is ready for taking pH measurements. Discard the used samples of buffer.
Tap View Calibration History to take you to the calibration history page. Here will be a list of all saved past calibrations and the number of values recorded from the calibrated instrument.
Deleting Calibration History
To delete calibration history swipe across on the history you wish to delete, then tap delete.
Note: you cannot delete the most recent calibration.
To view the calibration detail, while in the history list, tap the calibration you wish to view.
Did you find this article helpful?